The willingness to push forward and develop is in the nature of every company – especially the one dealing with trade on a daily basis. It is no wonder that it is constantly trying to increase its sales, but also to improve logistics processes, making them more economical, efficient and simply reliable. This is why sea containers were created , the transport of which is chosen by an increasing number of rapidly developing enterprises. Why is this happening and what are the advantages of betting on it?
When to reach for sea containers – transporting them may not be profitable?
As we mentioned in the introduction, sea containers are most often used by rapidly developing companies from the trade industry. Fast developing ones, i.e. those that require the import of large quantities of products with considerable regularity. It is this use of containers that makes the most sense. This does not mean, however, that in order to use sea containers and transport through them, we must trade in “general cargo”. They are also good for transporting large industrial machines or even cars – things that would be difficult to transport in any other way.
Trying to answer the question asked in the topic of this block of text – yes, container transport may not be profitable if we invest in it for just one order, or if we do not fully use their potential. Then we will either add to the business, or we will not save as much as we could. This does not mean, of course, that we will not be taking advantage of the other advantages of shipping containers (which we mention below) – we simply will not make full use of them.
Advantages of using sea containers
There is a reason why sea containers are a more and more frequent choice of prospering entrepreneurs who import goods from across the ocean or from very far and consider the sea route to be the best. They are accompanied by a lot of advantages, the main of which are:
- you can transport everything with them – we can fill them with a lot of smaller items (we will not have to send each of them separately), but also several larger ones – as long as we secure them properly, it all depends on us. We must take care to fit within them – nothing prevents us from filling them with objects of very different sizes. As long as they comply with the letter of the law, we will certainly not have any problems because of it. It is worth mentioning that there are also refrigerated containers that allow the transport of products necessary for maintenance in such conditions;
- simplify accounting and logistics processes – we ship all items in one shot, paying for transport only once. We don’t generate thousands of labels and we don’t have to settle dozens of invoices. Thanks to sea containers, transport is not a huge bureaucratic challenge;
- they are very convenient – although the main route followed by sea containers is the line “port of departure – port of destination”, they are adapted to change the means of transport without the need for reloading . So if we want, we can simply go to the port and take them on board a specially adapted truck to transport them to the right place. So they are very versatile on their own;
- they arrive on time – there is no need to beat the bush – sea transport, despite its constant improvement, is not the fastest. However, although it lacks a lot to be “express”, it can be defined very timely – it is important for business, because it allows you to plan the entire process of selling the items sent to us before they are in our hands ;
- security – as the proper protection of items that go to our container depends solely on us, we can be sure that they will reach us in one piece. We do not have to use the services of couriers who treat the shipments they deliver differently. The container follows a very straight route, without much interference of any intermediaries – we have control over most of this road, so we can be sure of this form of transport;
- no restrictions – while sending something by air imposes certain dimensions and weight limits on us, in the case of containers there are no such (the only limitation may be the size of the container, which we can choose at the time of purchase) – these aspects only affect the price of the entire transport service .
Although sea containers, which transport is chosen by an increasing number of entrepreneurs, can contribute to huge savings, they do not have to do it. It is possible that instead of gaining from them, we will lose. That is why it is so important to define our needs and take into account the fact that although shipping by sea containers is indeed very profitable, it becomes so only after their full use and frequent use. If our needs do not require them, we must seriously consider investing in them.